Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Days, nights, and the times in between


As the wind hums its free-spirited song
Overcast skies and the moist soil
Freeze the frame in a fragrant picture of bliss
When nature washes its world clean
As the morning spreads it warm colours of life
Or the poignant evening scents cast their shadow
I sit by the window, thinking of you
Wishing you were here, sitting next to me

Bright golden beginnings come day after day
Seasons flutter past in happy and frenzied frolic
Time stretches in a sensuous wait
The sunshine mellows and blossoms spurt their new hues
On branches, resembling light from a prism
When the bees buzz in my garden
I tread barefoot past these tiny rainbows, thinking of you
Wishing you were holding my hand as we walked together

The seductive blackness of the night takes over
Dreams beckon, calling me to a far-off happy land
Glimmering stars spot the skies, glittering fireflies light the porch
The thickness of darkened silence is everywhere
An intoxicating fulfillment trickles down my veins
And I give in and melt into a pleasured heap
I stare into the candlelight, thinking of you
Wishing you were here as we felt the love in each other

No comments: