Thursday, October 21, 2010

Freedom in Fool's Paradise


I dare to listen to my heart
I dare to dream
I dare to strive to make those dreams a reality
I dare to fight my way through inane obstacles

I dare to defy
I dare to stand up for my rights
I dare to make my own tules
I dare to voice my opinion

I dare to be honest
I dare to be loud and uninhibited
I dare to maintain a dignified silence 
I dare to laugh in the face of trying times
I dare to be me

I dare to shed tears when I am sad
I dare to share my mirth with those who stand by me
I dare to love myself when no one else does

I dare to fall in love
I dare to give my heart away
I dare to relive memories that warm my heart
I dare to relive memories that singe me

Like a moth to the flame I dare to stare doom in the eyes
With some longing, some lust and that slowly awakening passion
Does this make me stupid, cowardly, unrealistic, emotionally weak, crazy?
Am I anti-social, promiscuous, insolent, obstinate, narcissist, hedonistic?
Would you call me stubborn, arrogant, abnormal, cold, immature?
If you think I am living in a fool's paradise for being who I am, then so be it. 

FOR I DARE TO BE FREE

1 comment:

Observer said...

Another well written piece!!! Looking at Indian culture as a whole in a very generic sense, the attitude to dare for things that one wishes is absent and by an unsaid rule is looked down. so people who dare to do things that they wish for are looked down/frowned upon and are called "crazy fools".. This notion changes when these "crazy fools" become "successful" (another society based word!!) Most of us fear the tag "Crazy fools" as it in a very literal sense outcasts us from the society. The day we overcome these boundaries we truly will be on the path of freedom!!